Asus ROG Phone 3 displays previous generation design with some important changes
While the successor to the ROG Phone 2 is not presented by Asus, the device continues to make appearances and have its details revealed ahead of time. After appearing in logs with 16 GB of RAM and equipped with a Snapdragon 865 chip, in addition to breaking a benchmark performance record, the ROG Phone 3 now reveals its likely final design.
In the image you can see below, we see a special version of the operator Tencent (which has already partnered with ASUS on ROG Phone 2), confirming that support should be maintained. We also noticed the new rear cover design.
With an essentially identical body with glass back and curves that are very reminiscent of the 2019 edition, the ROG Phone 3 shows off with three rear cameras, the same illuminated logo of the Asus gamer line and new positioning for the air outlet of the device.
So far we know that the ROG Phone 3 will offer a higher clocked Snapdragon 865 chipset than traditional smartphones, leaving the standard of 2.84 GHz to reach the 3.09 GHz frequency, a considerable increase that would be the reason for the benchmark record breaking .
The scarce information also includes 16 GB of LPDDR5 RAM and a gigantic battery with a capacity of 6,000 mAh and support for fast charging of 30W. There are still no details on the announcement forecast, launch date or even price, but with more and more details leaking out every week we shouldn’t be too far from its presentation.
👇 More in NUpgrade
- Apple Store now accepts used Macs as part of paying for a new one in the US and Canada
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G may launch with Snapdragon 865 instead of 855 Plus, suggests Geekbench
- Fortnite Chapter 2 floods locations, add sharks to battles and features Aquaman skin
- Dell launches USB-C hub with integrated speakerphone For quality conferences
- Stable MIUI 12 arrives at Mi 9, Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 10 Youth, Redmi K30 5G and Redmi K30 Pro Zoom in China