Building a PC to play CyberPunk 2077
Several games are hitting the market. Many gamers are looking for a PC Gamer configuration that meets all the prerequisites of the most current games … Let’s start Building a PC to play CyberPunk 2077.
Due to the delays related to COVID-19, the second half of 2020 will be full of high-performance PC game releases.
In addition to Cyberpunk 2077, which was postponed to September 17, we also have the game Death Stranding, scheduled for release on July 14.
So, what kind of PC Gamer do you need to play these new titles?
Well, even though we don’t have the minimum and recommended prerequisites for Cyberpunk 2077, on Steam we already have what it takes to play Death Stranding.
We will always guide ourselves in the recommended specifications, leaving aside the minimum requirements. This way we will be able to maintain a frame rate above 60fps in minimum 1080p resolution.
You might be wondering, why look at the prerequisites for Death Stranding? I explain, we don’t have the CyberPunk 2077 prerequisites and this is the closest release to the CD PROJEKT RED game, but when comparing the specifications needed to play Death Stranding, I realized that they are basically the same to play The Witcher 3 which despite of old, it is nothing “light” to play.
On the Steam Stranding pre-order page on Steam we have:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 590
- DirectX: 12
- Storage space: 80GB of space
As you can see we are not talking about high-end hardware. We have old processors, for example, and the same happens with the video cards listed. But we have to start from one point.
But what about Cyberpunk 2077? If we look at The Witcher III, the requirements are even less demanding in terms of video card , so we will raise the bar of these specifications so that we can play well one of the most awaited games of 2020.
What we can do to try to assemble a suitable PC is, not to buy current average parts, take a step back and look for older, but higher-level hardware. I will take my own PC as a base, as I can get frame rates above 60fps to 1080p without problems in most games. And my list of games on Steam is not small.
In addition, the game here is the COD Warzone, which works without lag or dropped frames, but you will realize that it is worth investing in a suitable cooling system to keep your PC Gamer always “cold”. Remember that heating generates in the medium and long term, problems that none of us will want.
PC build parts to play Cyberpunk 2077
- Enclosure: AeroCool Cylon
- KitFan: 3 Units Liketec Fantom RGB, 120mm
- Source: Corsair 650W 80 Plus Bronze CX650
- Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (YD2600BBAFBOX)
- RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT, 16GB (2X8)
- Kingston A400 SSD , 480GB, SATA (SA400S37 / 480G)
- Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8G, GDDR5 (GV-RX580GAMING-8GD)
- Keyboards and mice you can check on the links.
You may have noticed that I’m a fan of AMD, this is good for several reasons, but the main thing is the price. Any part equivalent to those listed above for Intel platform, causes the price to rise considerably and, the same occurs, for video cards. I didn’t add an NvME M2 SSD, a SATA SSD is more than enough and also cheaper.
Also, note that I did not put a third generation Ryzen processor or a super powerful source. Again the differential is to bring a lower price. But the base configuration allows you to upgrade the processor (including third-generation Ryzen) and memory in the future, keeping the expense as low as possible for future improvements.
If you were curious about the budget for the PC Gamer CyberPunk 2077, we are currently talking about $840 .
It is worth remembering that there is still a monitor that you can consult. Anyway, this price is practically varying from day to day, so by the time you finish reading, it may be cheaper or more expensive.
👇 More in NUpgrade
- Samsung’s new 870 QVO line features the 1st 8 TB SSD for consumers
- Review “Half-Life Alyx”, the most immersive VR on the market, but exhausting
- Xiaomi launches Redmi 9A and 9C with big battery and attractive price
- Polar Unite: The new assistant smartwatch for a healthier life
- Call of Duty Warzone update expands player limit to 200
- An animated rendering shows details of Galaxy Watch 3