Call of Duty Mobile is the most popular and profitable smartphone game today
The game recorded 250 million downloads in 265 days, raising $ 327 million
- Call of Duty: Mobile surpassed PUBG Mobile and is currently the game with the most downloads in less than a year after its release
- About 250 million downloads were downloaded over a 265-day period
- This generated total revenue for the game of $ 327 million
- In addition to being the game with the most installations, it is also the most profitable, generating up to 83% more revenue than Fortnite
Currently Call of Duty Mobile is the most popular and most widely installed game on mobile devices. He managed to surpass the PUBG Mobile brand , which had the first place. In 265 days the game published by Activision had 250 million downloads, being also the most profitable game on mobile platforms. The places in the world where the title had more adhesion, was in the USA, Japan and Brazil, respectively.
PUBG Mobile was the game most installed on mobile platforms. It had the mark of 236 million downloads in less than a year after its launch. Call of Duty: Mobile managed to surpass that number in more than 14 million downloads . The game that appears in third place in the ranking is Fortnite.
You can see that the number of Fortnite is well below the first place in the ranking. This is because both the numbers of Call of Duty: Mobile and PUBG Mobile consider the installation of devices with iOS and Android operating system . Fortnite, on the other hand, is being considered only the numbers of iOS, due to the lack of transfer on the total values of the Play Store.
In general, there is a trend in the games preferred by mobile users. The games of first – person shooters and battle royale are those who can most number of followers on the platform. This is one of the reasons for developers to invest more and more in this genre. Recently, EA Games made official that its Apex Legends title will also be distributed for mobile systems , another title that follows the genre.
Mobile games are getting more and more popular, reaching more fans. This is due to the facilities that the platform offers, since more and more people have access to a smartphone and the games can be played anywhere. Recently, a report showed that on iOS alone, the game’s daily income reaches $ 13 million.
Only Call of Duty: Mobile posted profits of $ 327 million . This value is considerably higher than the other two games that occupy the ranking. The record holder yield was 78% higher than PUBG Mobile and 83% more, compared to Fortnite Mobile.
In the month of launch, in October 2019, the game managed to earn $ 55 million. The figures have seen a little reduction over the months. In May 2020, for example, Call of Duty: Mobile earned $ 53 million. The United States accounts for 41% of that revenue share, generating about $ 134 million for the game. Soon after, the second-largest investor is the Japanese public and, in third place, is Brazil.
👇 More in NUpgrade
- iOS 14 will notify the use of camera and microphone in apps with colored lights
- The main specifications of the Galaxy Z Flip 5G are leaked
- Huawei P40 Pro receives new updates such as Night Portrait 3.0 and light compensation
- The First Laptop with Intel 11th Generation Processor and Xe GPU: Acer Swift 5T
- 24 Inch iMac with New Design Can Be Promoted This Year
- 360 Hz Monitor from Acer: Predator X25