Galaxy Z Flip 5G may launch with Snapdragon 865 instead of 855 Plus, suggests Geekbench
Everything indicates that the 5G version of the Galaxy Z Flip, which has been the subject of several leaks in recent weeks, should reach the market with upgrades that go far beyond the simple support of the fifth generation of mobile networks.
With a release expected for August, the foldable, which should be announced in conjunction with the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Fold 2, has just shown up in the Geekbench database showing an interesting detail.
We are talking about the processor which, according to the record, is not the same present in the traditional Z Flip, but the current top-of-the-line chip from Qualcomm, that is, the Snapdragon 865.
Accompanied by 8 GB of RAM, the Galaxy Z Flip 5G (which will gain an exclusive color ) should debut in stores with a slightly higher price, after all, in addition to supporting the 5G it also brings newer hardware.
As many countries do not yet have a 5G network, it is unlikely that it will be covered with this model, seeing that the extra technology would be underused – it is worth remembering that the LTE variant arrived in stores around here costing around $ 1,720.
In the US, the Z Flip debuted for $ 1,350 and in Europe for € 1,500, so it will be interesting to know how much Sammy intends to charge for this new variant that, possibly, will end up scaring fans of the brand with a much higher price.
👇 More in NUpgrade
- Apple Store now accepts used Macs as part of paying for a new one in the US and Canada
- Qualcomm Announces World’s First 5G and AI Robotics Platform
- Fortnite Chapter 2 floods locations, add sharks to battles and features Aquaman skin
- Dell launches USB-C hub with integrated speakerphone For quality conferences
- Betting up! iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max appear in the list of screens with 120Hz