A new IDC report showed that Google sold more smartphones than OnePlus in 2019. Even so, the numbers are not as expressive as that of other manufacturers.
Although the cameras are highly praised by the public, we know that the Google Pixel line is not a success in sales. However, it seems that this scenario has gradually changed, to the point of surpassing even OnePlus.
A new IDC report showed that Google managed to sell more smartphones than the Chinese brand in 2019, totaling 7.2 million units. This represents a 52% year-on-year growth.
Although it has not been confirmed, it is quite likely that the Pixel 3a contributed a lot to sales, given that it is an intermediary priced at $ 399 in the United States. Google recently revealed that this device doubled its sales in just 1 quarter, so that assumption makes even more sense.
Of course, it is very interesting to see that the company managed to outperform OnePlus, but 7.2 million smartphones are not much when compared to other manufacturers. The Oppo, for example, sells more than 114 million units annually, and the fifth largest in the world.
Anyway, it is important to remember that Google registered a great growth in the United States due to the partnerships established with operators. In other countries, such as Japan and Western Europe, the company also achieved good numbers.
At the moment, the latest (and powerful) smartphone from the brand is the Pixel 4 XL, made official in October 2019. This device was launched with Snapdragon 855 processor, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, 12.2MP + dual rear cameras 16MP, and 3,700 mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
Below you can see its complete specifications:
- IP68 protection: IP68
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Operating system: Android 10
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB and 128 GB
- Screen – Type: P-OLED
- Screen – Size: 6.3
- Screen – Resolution: 3200 × 1800
- Screen – Protection: Gorilla Glass 6
- Main camera: 16 MP and 12.2MP
- Front Camera: TOF 3D camera and 8 MP
- Battery: 3700 mAh
More in NUpgrade
- Android 11: first beta launches with news in notifications, media controls and more
- Xiaomi Bluetooth Headset Pro: new TWS headset with support for Google Assistant and Siri
- After tests with BOE fail, Galaxy S21 should use panels manufactured by Samsung
- Sony will announce PlayStation 5 games at an event on Thursday (11)
- Huawei P40 Pro has resistance put to the test in the durability test