How to activate OK Google and use?
Below, see how to activate and use this Google assistant, as well as the main commands you can use.
Ok Google is Google’s assistant, which makes it possible to interact with your cell phone using your voice through the command of the same name. Through it, you can do many things, like send messages, schedule an alarm clock, know what time it is, among other functions.
In addition, Ok Google makes it easy to carry out searches on the internet. Just enable the function and say: Okay Google, to open the social worker, and do the search.
Why activate Ok Google?
One of the reasons to activate Ok Google is that you can invoke Google Assistant from anywhere on your phone. Whether you are browsing a website, listening to music or watching a video, just give the command and the wizard will open ready to answer your questions.
How to activate Ok Google on your smartphone
To activate Google Assistant on your mobile, you need:
- Access the Google application;
- Then tap your profile icon in the upper left corner;
- After that, tap on Settings;
- After that, click on Voice;
- After that, tap on Voice Match;
- Once this is done, activate the Ok Google key, present in the This Device column.
In the future, if you want, you can disable Ok Google in this same step by step, disabling the Ok Google key.
Once activated, regardless of the application you are using, just say Ok Google, to open the assistant on your cell phone.
Just like Android, iOS also lets you use the Google app. For that:
- Open the Google app on your iPhone ;
- In the upper left corner of the app, tap your profile icon;
- After that, go to Settings;
- Once that’s done, tap on Voice & Assistant;
- On the Voice Search page , enable the Hotword Ok Google option.
Point: In the future, if you want to disable “Ok Google”, then toggle the “Hotword Ok Google” option.
What can you ask Google’s Virtual Assistant?
Google Assistant basically brings all the features of Google Search to your phone. Once opened, you can ask for funny things, order her to write a text message, and have her perform many other tasks.
Just say: Okay Google…
- … Open <application>. For example: “Ok Google, open WhatsApp”;
- … Remind me to <do something> <time> or <place>;
- …Remember that I put <such a thing> in <a place>;
- … Find restaurants near me;
- … Play <game name>;
- … Set a timer of <minutes>;
- … Wake me up at <time>;
- … Turn off/on Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth /Do Not Disturb;
- … What time is Google?;
- … Will it rain today?;
- … tell me a joke;
- … lottery result;
- … what it means…;
- … turn on flashlight.
Main Wizard Commands
Below, check out how to perform the main commands of the wizard:
Want to call someone? Just say, for example: ” Okay Google, call Liam”. That is, just say the phrase in bold, followed by the name of the contact you want to call.
To send a message through the Google Assistant, just say: ” Ok Google, send a message to Liam. That is, as in the example above, you say the phrase in bold, followed by the name of the person to whom the message will be sent .
To make a reminder, it is necessary to pronounce the words ” Ok Google, remember to buy bread”. From that, Google will create the reminder, and display it on the mobile screen.
4. Search on the internet
To perform an internet search, you need to say, “Ok Google, look up the weather forecast”. From there, the assistant will do the search on the internet, and display the results on the smartphone screen.
5. Open an application
For those who want to open an app, it is possible to use the Google Assistant. To do this, just say “Ok Google, open WhatsApp”. Then the wizard will open the app.
6. Turn off cell phone
To make the Google assistant turn off your device, just say “Ok Google, turn off your smartphone “.
7. Restart the cell phone
To make the Google assistant restart your device, just say “Ok Google, restart your smartphone “.
8. Lock the cell phone
To make the Google assistant lock your device, just say “Ok Google, lock your smartphone “.
9. Unlock the cell phone
To make the Google assistant unlock your device, just say “Ok Google, unlock your smartphone “.
10. Take a photo
To take a photo with Google Assistant, just say “Ok Google, take a photo”.
11. Record a video
To record a video with Google Assistant, just say “Ok Google, record a video”.
More in NUpgrade
- before you buy a USB Type-B cable here is what y should know!
- How to use Amazon Echo as a speaker on TV?
- How to Schedule Messages in WhatsApp Web to Send Later
- How to find duplicate files on your Samsung smartphone
- How to play with crossplay in Overwatch?
- How to enable advanced reading mode in Microsoft Edge