Huawei P50 line is already in development, which should be launched in March 2021. The next-generation models can reach the market with a 5nm Kirin 1000 processor.
In March of this year, Huawei introduced the P40 line, giving consumers three models with cutting-edge hardware and competent cameras. The P40 Pro, for example, leads the global ranking of DxOMark, a site specialized in photography.
Now, thanks to Wang Yonggang, general manager of the P line, we know that the Chinese giant is already developing the next generation, presumably called the P50 (Huawei P50 line is already in development). The executive said the period between the development and launch of smartphones is at least 18 months. This means that the P50 line was already being created even before the announcement of the P40 family.
Wang also revealed that the R&D team meets a year before the models arrive on the market to discuss innovative technologies and solutions that will be implemented in the new generation. Considering that we are in June and assuming that the P50 line will arrive in March 2021, we believe that this meeting has already taken place.
Finally, the executive said that the next flasghips of the P line will be launched with “cutting edge technologies and new advances”. It has not yet been confirmed, but these models are expected to feature the 5nm Kirin 1000 processor, the brand’s new chipset that is expected to make its debut on the Mate 40 line later this year.
As previously stated, the P40 Pro leads the global ranking of DxOMark, meaning its cameras are excellent. However, it also stands out for offering an OLED display with a refresh rate of 90Hz, Kirin 990 processor, 8GB of RAM, up to 512GB of storage, and a 4,200 mAh battery with 40W charging.
- IP68 protection: IP68
- Chipset: Octa-core (2×2.86 GHz Cortex-A76 and 2×2.36 GHz Cortex-A76 and 4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A55) and Kirin 990 (7 nm)
- Operating system: Android 10 and EMUI 10
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 256 GB
- Screen – Type: OLED
- Screen – Size: 6.58
- Screen – Resolution: 2640 x 1200
- Screen – Density: 441 ppi
- Screen – Extras: 90Hz, HDR 10 Plus and DCI-P3
- Main camera: 12 MP, (telephoto) 5x optical zoom, TOF 3D Camera, 40 MP, f / 1.8 (ultrawide) and 50 MP, f / 1.9
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f / 2.2, 26mm (wide), 1 / 2.8 and IR TOF 3D
- Battery: 4200 mAh
- Charger: 40W and 27W Wireless
👇 More in NUpgrade
- Android 11: first beta launches with news in notifications, media controls and more
- Xiaomi Bluetooth Headset Pro: new TWS headset with support for Google Assistant and Siri
- MIUI 11 with Android 10 arrives on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- iOS 14 can bring call recording support
- Huawei P40 Pro has resistance put to the test in the durability test