Leak reveals a list of phones that will be compatible with alleged iPhoneOS 14
Apple to announce iOS name change at WWDC, rumored to be
Today, June 22, the WorldWide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2020 will take place , an Apple event where, hopefully, a change will be revealed in the name of the iPhones operating system . Leaks indicate that the company will abandon the iOS terminology and start calling the system of cell phones iPhoneOS . And a new rumor not only confirms this, but reveals that the system will make its debut as iPhoneOS 14 .
The number makes sense, it is a way to align the new name with the current version of iOS , trying to show that it is not a “zero” system, but just a change in the name of the operating system that we all already know. The leak at the time is also interesting because it supposedly reveals the list of iPhones that will be compatible with the iPhoneOS 14.
To make it easier to find out if your device will be compatible, we list it below in text:
– iPhone 11
– iPhone 11 Pro
– iPhone 11 Max
– iPhone Xs
– iPhone Xs Max
– iPhone XR
– iPhone X
– iPhone 8
– iPhone 8 Plus
– iPhone 7
– iPhone 7 Plus
– iPhone 6s
– iPhone 6
– iPhone 6s Plus
– iPhone SE (1st generation)
– iPhone SE (2nd generation)
– iPod touch (7th generation)
The WWDC, which will take place exclusively online this year, will be broadcast at 14h (GMT). Apple usually reserves the event to talk about software, so the biggest expectation for tomorrow is the confirmation of the new name iPhoneOS and, of course, what news will be brought by update 14 of the system. It is quite possible that the company will take the time to also comment on news from Apple TV and its subscription streaming services, including games. But don’t expect to see information about new iPhones.
We want to know from users your opinion about the name iPhoneOS 14. Do you approve the change or will iOS miss you? Tell us in the comments!
👇 More in NUpgrade
- know what to expect from WWDC 2020: Intel-free Mac, new AirPods and more
- PlayStation 5 price: see the latest speculation about the value
- Huawei Mate 40 will be released before September with 5nm processor
- Huawei and Xiaomi may be preparing new foldable smartphones
- Moto Edge Lite leaks specifications of Motorola’s third Edge device
- Intel launches scalable Xeon Gen3 CPUs and Optane memories focusing on AI, 3D NAND SSDs and more
Comments are closed.