Xiaomi Mi Band 5 codes confirm Alexa support and reveal Lite and Pro variants
The Mi Band 5, which has been made official in China but must reach the global market only in July, is, it seems, about to win two new variants.
The information was shared by the developer MagicalUnicorn in the Geekdoing forum, which, after analyzing the APK of the Mi Fit app, found interesting references.
The codes point to the existence of 4 versions of the smart bracelet – Kongming, Kongming L, Kongming Pro and Kongming Lite , of which only three would currently be present in Xiaomi’s physical activity tracking app.
The difference between them would remain, in the case of the first and second, for the existence of the NFC. Kongming and Kongming L would be destined for the Chinese market, the first with technology and the second without. As for the Pro model, unfortunately we do not have enough details to date.
After analyzing the firmware of the global Mi Band 5, the developer also confirmed the existence of features already mentioned in rumors such as for example, integration with Amazon’s Alexa virtual assistant and the possibility of measuring SpO2 (oxygen saturation level in the blood).
At this point, we can only wait for the launch of the global variant and wait to see what the Mi Band 5 Pro will bring with it when compared to the other models. To stay on top of the news keep connected on NUpgrade!
👇 More in NUpgrade
- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is free on GOG.COM for those who have the game on other platforms
- Facebook extends video calling capacity to up to 50 people on Portal devices
- WWDC 2020: Apple invites the public to set reminders for a keynote that takes place on the 22nd
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 leaks on a poster showing strong inspiration in the design of the Mi Mix Alpha
- Discover the PS5 accessories: camera, charging station, headphones and remote control