Call of Duty: Modern Warfare now occupies more than 200 GB on PC
Prepare your HD if you want to have the main game and Warzone installed at the same time
The latest update to the first-person shooter Call of Duty: Modern Warfare made the game surpass the 200 GB mark of space occupied on computers. In the last test done by Tweak Town staff when downloading the game from scratch, he was asking for 212 GB free on the SSD or HD in which it would be installed.
Last week, the same computer had the game installed and took up 199 GB of space. As the publication explains, even the developers of Infinity Ward have already recognized the excessive weight that the game has and how much it can harm the internet connection of players – especially those who have monthly data limits.
Although console players have the option to uninstall parts of the game that they will not use, it is strange that they have to download them before they can do so. As the website Tweak Town points out , a more desirable option would be to be able to choose what will be installed or not when downloading the game.
For those who just want to play the traditional Call of Duty Modern Warfare campaign or multiplayer on PC, the situation is even worse. That’s because these players are required to install the Battle Royale mode package, Call of Duty Warzone, which is almost 100 GB. The bright side is that those who want to play only Warzone do not need to install the other game modes.
Via: Tweak Town (Modern Warfare now occupies more than 200 GB on PC)
👇 More in NUpgrade
- Snapdragon 875 will have 100W charging and will arrive in 2021, points leak
- Intel Alder Lake-S arrives in 2021 with 16 colors, DDR5, PCIe 4.0, LGA 1700 socket and 10nm
- Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10 Plus are receiving update with camera improvements and June security patch
- Microsoft will close its physical stores permanently
- Philips announces 55-inch 558M1RY gaming monitor for consoles
- OPPO Find X2 Pro has great rear cameras, and pretty bad selfie according to DXOMark
Comments are closed.