Pioneer launches new pest identification tool in its app
Check out the newest tool in the Pioneer Seeds app (Pioneer launches new pest identification tool), Threat ID. The App is able to instantly identify various plagues and other cultural evils. Check the details!
Pioneer recently released an update to its Pioneer Seeds app. Among the improvements and novelties, a new tool called Threat ID was added. The new functionality provides farmers with access to cutting-edge technology to identify pests, diseases and deficiencies that plague crops.
Developed by Plantix, the Threat ID tool allows farmers to detect several problems that affect their crops simply by taking a picture of the plants. The software is able to recognize specific patterns left in the plant’s body that can instantly determine what possible pest, threat, disease or nutritional deficiency the crop is suffering from. In this way, the tool increases the efficiency of scounting and allows you to schedule follow-up appointments with your local Pioneer agronomist.
According to the head of Pioneer digital in the USA, Jeremy Groeteke:
Threat ID is capable of analyzing 30 different crops, such as maize, soy, wheat and sorghum. To analyze the problem, your system has a database of more than 20 million photos, which will help to identify the life cycle of crops during all seasons and the possible problems that may arise. To obtain results instantly, the farmer must have access to the internet or upload the photo when there is a connection for the app to perform the analysis.
Threat ID joins the set of digital agronomy tools offered by the Pioneer Seeds app, which includes:
- Yield Estimator to capture yield estimates using a smartphone or tablet camera ;
- Digital label for detailed information about the lot of a seed bag;
- Rate estimator to determine the ideal seeding rate for maximized performance;
- Vegetation index to check the relative health of the fields;
👇 More in NUpgrade
- See Apple launches at WWDC 2020: iOS 14, macOS Big Sur and more
- New features added on Apple WatchOS 7
- See Details and new functions of the new iOS 14 announced at WWDC
- Apple introduces Spatial Audio to Airpods Pro. Understand how it works!
- Microsoft is shutting down the Mixer and partnering with Facebook Gaming
- Minimum requirements to run Fortnite on PC