Polar Unite: The new assistant smartwatch for a healthier life
The new Polar watch has just been launched to the market, it comes costing $149 with several resources for those who want to maintain a healthier life.
Polar is a pioneer in the wearable segment in the sports world, with the coronavirus pandemic, the manufacturer found itself in the need to serve the public with a product that could contribute to daily physical activities even at home, and the idea was to bring an intuitive product, that everyone could use and understand the numbers.
Polar Unite combined with Polar’s own FitSpark app helps build a training routine, eliminating guesswork and creating personalized training guidelines. With the daily and constant use of Unite, Polar is able to really help to set up a training schedule, since it knows your sleep condition, how long you haven’t been training, what were the last training sessions and thus set up a legal schedule.
Thus, in addition to the training routine and structure, it also provides animated and detailed instructions for strength, cardiovascular and support workouts, while stopwatches, instructions, and vibrating alerts guide the user in real-time during training, keeping him on the right track.
“Polar is dedicated to making fitness, at all levels, make sense. There are many accessories and devices on the market, but generally you are forced to choose between practicality, price and performance,” says Justin Chacona, Polar CMO Global. “With Polar Unite, we really focus on these three main pillars, and the result is a really impressive product, representing a package with all the essential tools you need to move and get to know your body, but at a reasonable price . “
Questions we asked about the product:
Oficina da Net asked Polar at the press conference about integration with third-party applications like Strava, the answer was:
– Yes, through Polar Flow all workouts can be exported (automatically) to Strava, Nike +, Endomondo, among other third-party applications. There are other third-party apps that can be integrated, you can see that link.
Another question was about internal music storage and integration with music apps like Spotify? And there is no internal storage for it, and no integration with Spotify or other music apps.
Polar Unite video presentation:
Made for Continuous Use
- The colorful, touch-sensitive screen is customizable, offering different color options and a variety of bracelet colors available to match any style.
- The battery offers up to four days of autonomy in watch mode with continuous heart rate monitoring and up to 50 hours in continuous training mode.
- All this weighing only 32 grams.
Your Workout, Smarter
- Continuous Heart Rate: the complete view of how your heart behaves throughout the day and night.
- Fitness Test: test your fitness level quickly, without breaking a sweat, to know where you are now to motivate you to start, maintain or increase the volume of physical exercise you are doing in your routine.
- Serene ™: relax your body and calm your mind with the help of guided breathing exercises
- Activity Guide: Receive information about your daily activity level and tips on how to reach your goal, every day.
- Polar Flow: your information center about your activities, your workouts, your sleep, and more.
Datasheet and features
- Dimensions: 43.4 x 43.4 x 10.4 mm
- Weight: 32g
- Water resistance: ISO 22810 (swimming)
- Display – type: IPS TFT
- Display – resolution: 240×204
- Display – protection: Asahi glass
- Battery: 174 mAh
- Charger: Wireless charging
- Wi-Fi: No
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: A-GPS
- NFC: No
- Sensors: Heartbeat and Ambient Light
- Battery: 174 mAh Li-pol battery. Up to 50h battery life in training mode (GPS and pulse-based heart rate), up to four days in watch mode with continuous heart rate monitoring.
- Materials: Glass fiber reinforced polymer frame. Stainless steel button.
- Bracelets: Silicone with buckle. Standard 20 mm watch straps. PG: wrist circumference from 130 to 210 mm;
- GPS: GPS connected: use GPS via your smartphone.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Low Energy. Custom USB charger for charging and data synchronization.
- Clock: Time and date. Alarm with snooze. Countdown timer and timer.
- Sensors: Compatible with the Polar BLE heart rate sensor.
- Water resistance: Water-resistant 30 m ( ISO 22810, suitable for swimming)
- Stand-alone mode: Can be configured and used without other devices or connections (limited memory capacity for data storage). To access all features, functionality and unlimited cloud storage, connect your watch to Polar Flow, our free app and its online service and the basis of your sporting and activity data.
Pricing and availability
Polar Unite can now be purchased (pre-sale), with deliveries scheduled for August. At the Polar online store, or through authorized dealers.
The price is $149, in black, white, pink and blue. The bracelets come in small and medium / large sizes, included in the box. Other bracelet colors will be available soon for you to personalize your Polar Unite.
👇 More in NUpgrade
- Call of Duty Warzone update expands player limit to 200
- An animated rendering shows details of Galaxy Watch 3
- Quantum Computing: Understand the future of computers and their main applications
- Crysis Remastered has leaked release date, trailer, and screenshots
- MIUI 12 now allows you to control the volume of each application
- Game based on Harry Potter could arrive in 2021 for PS5 and Xbox Series X