Samsung Galaxy Note 20 receives certification at the NFC Forum
New smartphones should be officially presented in August
- The Galaxy Note 20 appeared in yet another certification body
- Two devices were registered at the NFC Forum, indicating an imminent launch
- The listing does not reveal any information regarding the possible specifications of the devices
The Samsung to announce its new line of smartphones Galaxy Note 20 in August. As the official launch approaches, new information about the new devices also begins to emerge. This time, the devices received certification registration at the NFC Forum.
The site has received certification for two new serial number devices: S M-981U and SM-986U. These numbers are believed to refer to the standard version of the smartphone, called “vanilla” by the industry, and another with some improvements.
Generally, the nomenclatures of Samsung models would be, Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20+. Despite this, recently the company started adding the name ” Ultra “, for the most powerful models. This first appeared with the Galaxy S20 Ultra and it looks like it will repeat itself for the Note line.
This indicates that the two models launched will be Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. This has not yet been confirmed by the company, but that name has already appeared in another listing on the Bluetooth SIG website. Samsung registered two models, with those names mentioned.
The listing on the NFC Forum does not provide any specification of the two models. They are only registered, added to the list of devices with NFC support. Despite this, some other leaks already bring some information about the possible specifications of the new flagships.
They are expected to hit the market running Google’s latest operating system, Android 10. They should also have options with up to a maximum of 8GB of RAM. The SoC responsible for processing the smartphone must be the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+, which has not yet been officially announced.
Another record of the line that appeared was the HTML5 Test. That list showed that the smartphone will be equipped with a 19.3: 9 resolution screen, with 3096 x 1444 pixels. There are some rumors saying the screen will have a 120Hz refresh rate.
The launch event for Samsung’s new smartphone models is set to take place on August 5th. It has not yet been confirmed which models will be released, but new information is expected to be released soon.
👇 More in NUpgrade
- Leak reveals a list of phones that will be compatible with alleged iPhoneOS 14
- PlayStation 5 price: see the latest speculation about the value
- Huawei Mate 40 will be released before September with 5nm processor
- Huawei and Xiaomi may be preparing new foldable smartphones
- Moto Edge Lite leaks specifications of Motorola’s third Edge device
- Intel launches scalable Xeon Gen3 CPUs and Optane memories focusing on AI, 3D NAND SSDs and more