Sony will announce PlayStation 5 games at an event on Thursday
Sony will make an event on YouTube with PlayStation 5 games; the event will be broadcast in Full-HD, but console supports 4K at 120 Hz
The Sony will hold an online broadcast next Thursday (11) at 17h, Brasilia time to announce the PlayStation 5 games: the PS5 of the event was scheduled for last week, but was postponed for not being “a time of commemoration ” amid protests in the USA against the death of George Floyd.
Sony’s PS5 event to be live on YouTube in Full-HD
Sid Shuman, senior director at SIE (Sony Interative Entertainment), warns in an official blog that the event is actually a pre-recorded video, which will be broadcast on YouTube in Full-HD at 30 frames per second.
“This facilitated the production process, as many of the developers and our team are working from home,” says Shuman. “The games you will see this Thursday will be even better when you play them on a PS5 with a 4K TV, as expected.”
The PS5 will support 4K at 120 Hz, hardware-accelerated ray tracing , graphics power of 10.28 teraflops and 3D spatial audio. The executive asks users to watch with headphones to better check this last feature, “which will be more difficult to enjoy if heard directly from your cell phone or laptop”.
Sony never directly mentions the US protests as a reason to postpone the PS5 event; she says only that “it was necessary to let the right voices be heard at this historic and important moment”.
👇 More in NUpgrade
- Siri and Google adapt their responses to “All Lives Matter” in the conversation with the assistant
- Google Meet uses AI to cancel noise on video calls
- LG Dual Screen uses mmWave technology to connect to the company’s smartphones
- Samsung may launch Fold 2 later this year with UTG and cheaper variant in 2021
- Play Store Promotion: 103 free or discounted Android apps and games