Google will allow developers to speed up the hardware of Wear OS devices
The system will allow enhanced transactions from smartwatches watchfaces
- Google will allow developers to speed up the hardware of Wear OS devices
- Smartwatches will be able to improve their transition screens, run smoother and avoid crashes
- Battery life can also be improved
- This function is still in development but should appear in an update soon.
The Xda-Developers website identified new features in the Wear OS operating system . Smartwatches equipped with the Google system will have support for lightweight watch faces. Developers will be able to hardware accelerate their smartwatches. This new feature is still under development but is expected to appear in an update soon.
Watchfaces are home screens that are placed on the watch. They manage to transform the entire wearable interface. The most classic use digital hands that imitate the real ones. There are also a number of other possibilities, which are usually pre-installed at the factory. This gives users limited options for these possibilities. In some cases, the screen transitions are made difficult, presenting slowness.
The Wearable Support Library version 2.7.0 , will allow developers to use the hardware acceleration to the screens of their smartwatches. So far, only Wear OS applications can benefit from acceleration, but the system itself cannot be changed. This limits the possibilities of use, which could be vastly improved.
The main advantage of this system is that it will be possible to accelerate the GPU present in the wearables. The results for customers are better rendering of the user interface , in addition to animations and, or, transitions with higher frame rates. This will make the experience more fluid and with fewer crashes.
It will be the developers’ responsibility to adjust the watchfaces. Thus, manufacturers will be able to enjoy the smoothest animations, making transitions without slowness. The battery life can also be slightly improved with the new function.
Google’s Wear OS operating system doesn’t get as much attention as other systems. The updates are rarer and various problems are not yet solved or improved. The Apple , in turn, invests heavily in complete experience on their devices, providing greater integration and more practical features. For this reason, it presents further improvements in its own system.
Google does not bring frequent improvements due to the low customers of its system. There are still few manufacturers that adhere to the technology giant’s Wear OS, which discourages frequent improvement. Despite this, updates are occasionally released to customers. The mentioned option is expected to be launched soon.
👇 More in NUpgrade
- See Apple launches at WWDC 2020: iOS 14, macOS Big Sur and more
- Asus RoG Phone III will be released in July
- Microsoft launches Windows Defender ATP on Android
- Redmi Note 7 is finally receiving stable Android 10 update
- Apple will leave Intel and start using its own ARM processors on Macs
- New Samsung Galaxy A01 Core confirmed by Google