It is never too late to learn a new one, and even less when Springer Nature, one of the great publishers of scientific publications, allows you to download more than 400 books from all branches of knowledge completely free . They are complete books, in PDF (or ePub) and have no DRM of any kind, just a watermark outside the reading area that does not affect visibility.
Now, it should be noted that all the books are in English and that, in some cases, they can be quite technical. In English there are a total of 408 books that weigh around eight gigs , although the weight varies according to each book. All of them can be found on this Excel sheet , but below we will propose a selection of titles with a Xatakera theme.
Knowledge does not take place and even less if you can do it for free
Springer Nature has released these books due to the coronavirus pandemic
Springer Nature has released these books due to the coronavirus pandemic. It is a global program to “support learning and teaching in higher education institutions around the world”. The largest amount is in English textbooks, which is the one linked above, but there are also German books, both textbooks and focused on emergency nursing. Together they add more than 500 books.
There are many, no doubt, so here is a short selection of titles with a NUpgrade theme. There are books on data mining, cryptography, Phyton, artificial intelligence and machine learning, science, physics, mathematics … All of them in English, remember, but if you have a fluent knowledge of the language and the subject it is always good to give them a chance.
- A Beginners Guide to Python 3 Programming
- A Beginner’s Guide to R
- A First Introduction to Quantum Physics
- Advanced Guide to Python 3 Programming
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Classical Fourier Analysis
- Computer Vision
- Cryptography Made Simple
- Data Analysis
- Data mining
- Fundamentals of Java Programming
- Fundamentals of Multimedia
- Fundamentals of Power Electronics
- Game Theory
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to Data Science
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis
- LaTeX in 24 Hours
- Linear and Nonlinear Programming
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Principles of Data Mining
- Principles of Mobile Communication
- Principles of Physics
- Python Programming Fundamentals
- Quantum Mechanics
- The Data Science Design Manual
- The Python Workbook
- Understanding Cryptography
Almost all books can be downloaded in three ways: in PDF, in ePub or by PDF chapters . As they do not have DRM, they can be passed to any reading device, such as a tablet or an electronic book reader , using some software such as Caliber . With this, by the way, you can convert PDF or ePub files to a format readable by Amazon’s Kindle.