- Comparison of the best Chinese tablets (2020)
- The best Chinese tablets in quality-price
In recent years, several models of tablets imported from China have become popular, offering the latest technical characteristics at very low prices. However, buying a Chinese tablet can be a great bargain or a waste of money if it is not chosen well.
It is common for Chinese manufacturers to equip their devices with apparently avant-garde specifications in order to attract the attention of buyers, who later encounter problems such as:
- Low battery life
- Low WiFi reception
- Poor quality speakers
- Absence of Google Play (look for its icon in the description of the tablet to make sure)
- Processors unable to manage the tablet fluently
In this article, you will find 10 of the Chinese tablets that offer the best performance today and that usually makes a good purchase.
If you are interested in acquiring one, I recommend that you first inform yourself of the guarantees offered by the store and whether there are additional import costs that you must add to the total cost of the tablet. And if you prefer to consider other options you can take a look at the article about the best tablets in quality-price.
Comparison of the best Chinese tablets (2020)
Below you will find the comparative table of the 10 Chinese tablets analyzed.
Note: if you see it on mobile, scroll the table with your finger to see all the columns.
|Chuwi Hi9 Pro||8.4 “||2,560 x1,600||384 gr||Android 8.0||780 MHzDeca Core||3GB32GB + TF Card||$183.99|
|Teclast P80 X||8 “||1,280 x800||322 gr||Android 9.0||1.6 GHzOcta-Core||2GB16GB + TF Card||$113.66|
|Teclast P10HD||10.1 “||1,920 x1,200||535 gr||Android 9.0||1.6 GHzOcta-Core||3GB32GB + TF Card||$109.99|
|Huawei MediaPad T5||10.1 “||1,920 x1,200||460 gr||Android 8.0||2.36 GHzOctaCore||3GB32GB + micro SD||$210.84|
|Teclast M89 Pro||7.9 “||2,048 x1,536||340 gr||Android 7.0||2.6 GHzDeca Core||3GB32GB + TF Card||$135.99|
|Alldocube iPlay 10 Pro||10.1 “FHD||1,920 x1,200||508 gr||Android 9.0 Pie||1.5 GHzQuad-Core||3GB32GB + TF Card||$146.57|
|Teclast T30||10.1 “||1,920 x1,200||540 gr||Android 9.0 Pie||2.1 GHzOcta-Core||4 GB64 GB||$199.99|
|Xiaomi Mi Pad Phablet 4||8 “||1,920 x1,200 FHD||340 gr||MIUI 11.0 OS||2.2 GHzOcta-Core||3GB32GB + micro SD||$ 286.92|
|Alldocube Knote Go||11.6 “||1,920 x1,080||766 gr||Windows 10||2.4 GHzQuad-Core||4GB128GB + TF Card||$414.71|
|Huawei MediaPad M6||10.8 “||2,560 x1,600||498 gr||EMUI10 (based on Android 10)||Kirin 980||4GB64GB + micro SD||$459.99|
The best Chinese tablets in quality-price
10. Chuwi Hi9 Pro
Excellent display with good gaming response
What we like most about this Chuwi Hi9 Pro is, without a doubt, its screen. At 8.4 inches, it has 2,560 x 1,600 pixels of resolution, offering great definition thanks to its 359 PPI (pixels per inch).
As for operation, it uses a 780 MHz Deca Core processor with 3 GB of RAM, more than enough for normal multitasking (if you are to open twenty tabs at once, you may notice it slower). The internal storage is 32 GB of ROM, expandable up to 128 GB with a micro SD card.
The battery is very worthy: its 5,000 mAh can last you more than a day if you turn it off from time to time. And you have the option to use WiFi or the 4G network, so connectivity is almost guaranteed.
And there are more interesting things:
- It is capacitive of 10 points, which means that its software allows recognizing 10 tactile stimuli simultaneously. This tactile response would incline us to choose it if we are going to use it to play.
- Another point in favor of the screen is that it has curved glass on the edges, more elegant. That, added to the fact that it is a thin and light tablet, makes it very manageable.
- More points in favor: we can use it as a browser since it has Glonass incorporated (it is the satellite navigation system of the Russian Federation; the GPS, which is more familiar to us, is the American version).
- It can connect via Bluetooth and allows the insertion of one or two Nano SIMs, which will allow us to connect without WiFi and use the tablet as a phone.
The rear camera is Samsung, 8 Mpx, and shows a good performance. The 5 Mpx front is not bad either, so we can expect a good response from both, although taking photos is not going to be the main purpose of the Chuwi Hi9 Pro.
9. Teclast P80X
A tablet with a browser that can be used as a phone
What we like most about the Teclast P80X is that it offers benefits that other tablets do not have, and without passing the barrier of one hundred euros.
Its 8-inch size falls short for watching movies but is instead the perfect fit for surfing the web or reading ebooks. The resolution is 1,280 x 800 pixels, which confirms that audiovisual content is not its strong suit, although it will be useful to watch videos if we are not super demanding on quality.
The processor is a 1.6 GHz Octa-Core, which is not bad, although the 2 GB RAM is a bit limited (reasonable considering its price). In return, the 16 GB storage memory seems correct, which can also be expanded up to 128 with an external card.
As for connectivity, there are several very interesting features:
- The first is that it incorporates GPS and can be used as a browser.
- The second is that you can put a SIM card, which allows us to connect it to the 4G Internet when we can not have WiFi, and also use it to talk on the phone.
- Of course, you can also connect via Bluetooth to other devices.
At just 320 grams and a size of 20.50 x 12 x 0.58 cm, it is perfect for traveling. Although you will have to carry a charger or a power bank because the battery is only 4,500 mAh and does not have a fast charge.
It is also fair to say that the cameras are not its strong point, especially the front for video conferencing, which with only 0.3 Mpx gives a very fair quality. The back is 2 Mpx, which definitely tells us that taking good photos is not the goal of this tablet.
Despite the fact that certain functions are very basic, we must think that we are dealing with a tablet at a very reduced price.
8. Teclast P10HD
An economical tablet ideal for movies and navigation
We could say that this Teclast P10HD is the “big sister” of the P80X that we also discussed in this comparison. This somewhat more expensive but equally inexpensive model includes some very interesting improvements.
If we look at the basic features, the 1,920 x 1,200-pixel Full HD screen has good colors and, at 10.1 inches, it’s a good size if we want to use the device for video playback. The 178º viewing angle allows two people to view the screen – for example, a movie – simultaneously.
We also noticed from the outset that the processor is somewhat more powerful, with eight cores and 1.6 GHz speed. It has an Artificial Intelligence application that analyzes usage patterns to decrease response time.
In general, when we force the device to handle several functions at the same time, the tablet slows down a little but the operation is correct. For the price, we can’t expect top-of-the-line performance either.
- It improves the RAM with respect to the previous model, with 3 GB and the internal storage capacity, which with 32 GB already gives us a little more margin (we can also expand it with an external card, so that is no problem for that part).
- We can use the device as a GPS navigator and we have the possibility to use the 4G network and use it as a phone.
- In the camera section, there is no complaint: 5 and 2 Mpx which are sufficient for non-professional use.
- Lastly, the battery is pretty good: 6,000 mAh, allowing up to 10 hours of non-stop use.
It is true that in this comparison you will find tablets with more features, but of course, the price will not be the same. The Teclast P10HD is one of the queens of Chinese tablets in terms of value for money.
7. Huawei MediaPad T5
Ideal for watching movies thanks to its Full HD screen and dual speakers
The Huawei MediaPad T5 offers very interesting features for the price it has.
Initially, its 10.1-inch screen has a resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 Full HD, ideal for watching movies in detail. Also, it is a model with dual speakers (what the house calls immersive sound) so the experience playing video is quite good.
The processor is quite efficient, a 2.36 GHz Kirin Octa Core with 3 GB of RAM, which is more than enough for home use and even for demanding applications.
On the other hand, it is good that it allows you to expand the storage memory with a micro SD card because the truth is that the 32 GB that the model brings may fall short if we are going to store movies or install many applications.
- Includes Huawei Share, which allows you to connect the tablet with other devices with Windows or Mac
- It doesn’t include a SIM card slot, so if you don’t have working WiFi nearby, your options are greatly reduced.
It can be used for children because it has an option to establish parental control and be able to be calm while using the kids in the house.
Perhaps the only thing we can attribute to it (for the price it has) is that the rear camera falls short with its 5 Mpx, while in the front we will have to manage with 2 Mpx.
For the rest, the battery is within the average in its range (5,100 mAh), and in general, this Huawei MediaPad T5 will give us a good performance as a domestic tablet.
6. Teclast M89 Pro
Anti-scratch and anti-fingerprint screen
This Teclast M89 Pro stands out for its powerful 2.6-core ten-core processor, which gives us a good margin to support games fluently if it is the use we want to give it.
Although its operation is correct, it seems that we could expect something more from that Deca Core CPU that is a little slower than we would like, taking into account its specifications. This is not helped by the operating system, Android 7.0, which is not the latest version available (although it is upgradeable).
The screen is one of its strengths: 7.9 inches with an impressive resolution of 2,048 x 1,536 pixels, much higher than the average in its range. But that is not all:
- It is capacitive, multi-touch and it is also treated to avoid scratches, thanks to the fact that it uses Gorilla Glass.
- In addition, it has a viewing angle of 178 °, to be able to have a margin of movement when watching movies, or so that several people can share the screen.
- Finally, something very simple but that is missing in other devices: anti-fingerprint treatment, which makes the screen always look clean and bright.
Stereo speakers also contribute to the good experience, with crisp, good quality sound.
Internal storage is 32 GB, normal in this range, expandable with micro SD card.
Connectivity is also a strong point of the Teclast M89 Pro:
- The WiFi Dual Band allows use 4G and 5G networks, although it has no slot for a SIM card.
- It includes GPS to use it as a browser, Bluetooth 4.1 and USB type C, with the On The Go cable to make connecting with other devices easier.
The cameras are very good for a mid-range tablet: 5 Mpx in the front camera and 8 Mpx in the rear. And the battery, without being long-lasting, is adequate: 4,840 mAh gives us for a day of not very intense use.
In short: the Teclast M89 Pro is a versatile, lightweight tablet with a metallic finish that is very pleasant to the touch.
5. Alldocube iPlay 10 Pro
The tablet that you can connect to your TV
Although the name leads us to understand that we are dealing with a “Pro” or high-end tablet, it really is not, but this does not mean that this Alldocube iPlay 10 Pro is a bad device, especially considering its price.
For starters, the screen is 10.1 inches, a standard size for watching videos or playing games. The 1,920 x 1,200 pixel resolution gives us a good image quality, equivalent to Full HD.
The processor is a 1.5 GHz MTK Quad-Core, which responds well if we do not use it intensively, with too many applications open at once. 3GB of RAM is the norm in this range, as well as 32GB of ROM, which you can expand with a micro SD card of up to 128GB.
In addition, there are a few details that we find very interesting:
- It incorporates Android 9.0 Pie as standard, which gives us a pretty good margin of adaptation to app updates.
- It includes an AI-based battery optimization system that recognizes our habits and allocates more resources to those apps that we use most frequently.
- The power of the processor is enough to play fluently (but without fanfare) and play movies.
- The sound is good, thanks to its dual speakers, and the image quality is correct.
- It can be taken on trips to use it as a browser, with the option of offline maps availability.
- It has a micro HDMI connector that allows us to connect the device to the television or to an LCD screen. This is interesting for those who are going to use their tablet as a receiver for streaming movie platforms and want to see them on the big screen. It is a bit awkward that to use it you have to remove a tab because it is hidden, but it is used without problems.
For the rest, the 5 and 2 Mpx cameras will allow us to take correct photos or hold a video conference without image problems. The battery is 6,600 mAh, which gives us about 9 hours of use, and it also has an energy-saving option, which allows us to stretch a little more without charging.
Altogether, the Alldocube iPlay 10 Pro is a tablet with more than correct functionalities and a very reasonable price.
4. Teclast T30
Multitasking speed and efficiency, with the option to use a keyboard
The tablet sells us speed and the truth is that it responds. The Mediatek P70 processor, with eight cores and 2.1 GHz, has a high performance and provides a good experience, fluid and without waiting.
In addition, its 4 GB of RAM gives us a lot of leeways. If we add to this 64 GB of ROM, expandable with an external card, in the memory section we have no complaints.
The screen is:
- Full HD (with 1,920 x 1,200 resolution) and multi-touch
- Very comfortable to wear
- And safe, because it has a blue light filter to protect the eyes from excessive use. The frames have been reduced and the harvesting impression is much better.
We can install a SIM card to use data when a WiFi network is not available and also to be able to use it as a mobile phone, in case that functionality is useful to us. It also has GPS and Bluetooth 4.1.
It is interesting that you can dock a keyboard. Maybe it is something small if we want to use it to work, but having the option of taking it with us and being able to write is always extra to consider.
The Android 9 operating system will allow us to keep up with updates and keep the device up to date.
Of course, the improvement over previous models is noticeable. It is also noted that the battery performance has been optimized, with 8,000 mAh, with one of the largest autonomies that you will find in this comparison.
In general, the Teclast T30 is a very correct device for domestic use, practical and with a good response for viewing movies.
3. Xiaomi Mi Pad Phablet 4
High performance in a mid-range device
Within Chinese tablets, Xiaomi is always a reference to keep in mind, and this Mi Pad Phablet 4 is no less. We find a device with very interesting functionalities without leaving the prices of the mid-range.
- Octa Core processor and 2.2 GHz speed, which ensure us agile navigation and efficiency in carrying out simultaneous tasks.
- 3GB of RAM and 32 of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB.
- The 8-inch screen has a resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 Full HD, making video playback very satisfactory.
- It has the possibility of dividing the screen to manage two applications simultaneously, facilitating multitasking.
- The rear camera, with 13 Mpx, is one of the best we can see in this range. The front stays at 5 Mpx, which is not bad either.
- 6,600 mAh battery.
The operating system is from Xiaomi, the so-called MIUI 11.0 OS. It is a personalization layer with the characteristics of the house but based on Android, so it is not strange, but comfortable and intuitive, with a good browsing experience.
A feature that includes this tablet, and that we usually only find in high-end ones, is facial identification (Face ID) to unlock the device.
With all this, we have in the Xiaomi Mi Pad Phablet 4 a very good tablet. One of the best among the brands that come from China.
2. Alldocube Knote Go
A 2 in 1 tablet, suitable for professional use
Within the range of Chinese tablets, we have this Alldocube KNote Go with a series of features that make us think of it as a good device for work.
To start with, we have a fairly powerful device (with a quad-core processor and 2.4 GHz speed) and 4 GB of RAM that will allow us to perform various tasks simultaneously. The expandable 128 GB memory also gives us a lot of play to store files.
Also, the size. An 11.6-inch screen is quite comfortable for that use (and conversely, uncomfortable if what we are looking for is that it is manageable for other functions, such as e-books or games).
It is almost 800 grams of weight are also noticeable, which obviously means that we only carry it with us when it is strictly necessary to transport it.
In addition, we need that power to sustain the operating system, since it brings Windows 10 pre-installed (good news for those who are used to Cortana). This is one of the features that really make it a 2 in 1 since it gives us access to the entire Microsoft Office application package.
This model, in particular, does not have a keyboard, but theirs is to get one that also serves as a cover when closed and as a support for the screen.
The price of this Alldocube KNote is already noticeably distant from other Chinese tablets, but it is still cheaper than if we bought a western brand with similar benefits.
1. The best Chinese tablet: Huawei MediaPad M6
High-end features and professional use possibilities
The Huawei house has opted for quality with its MediaPad M6, launching a tablet with high-end functionalities and a processor power that expands its possibilities of use, since we can consider it as a professional device.
Considered as the best thanks to several factors:
- On the one hand, its 7 nanometers Kirin 980 processor, which imposes speed and efficiency with optimized consumption.
- On the other, its 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal memory, more if you add a micro SD.
- On the other hand, the 10.8-inch screen, with a higher resolution than usual: 2,560 x 1,600 pixels.
- In addition, the high-end sound, with four channels and four speakers (from the house Harman Kandon) helps the movies to be heard in luxury.
- You can also dock a magnetic keyboard and a stylus (you have to buy them separately) so we can now use it as a laptop on the go.
- WiFi LTE connectivity, integrated GPS and charging with USB type C. If you want to insert a SIM card, you will have to give up the micro SD.
- The front and rear cameras are also excellent: 8 Mpx and 13 Mpx, respectively.
- 7,500 mAh battery.
The operating system is Android but with the in-house personalization layer, the EMUi10, which provides an intuitive design with winks to artificial intelligence (it makes small decisions based on our usage pattern).
The operating system works correctly, but the biggest downside is that it does not include the Google Play Store by default, and there are applications that are going to tell us a bit to install.
If we want, we can allocate it to children’s use with all the peace of mind because it has parental control to limit the use of the device. In Children’s Corner, there is the section for children’s applications and the child can access a fingerprint.
For all these reasons, the Huawei MediaPad M6 is our first option among its Chinese competitors, with high performance and at the height of others at a much higher price.
f this guide has helped you in your search for the best Chinese tablet, I would appreciate it if you could click on one of the Facebook or Twitter icons below to support this website. It costs nothing and you help me to continue. Thank you very much in advance.