A patent shows that the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 may be waterproof. We must wait until at least August to find out.
The Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 may be waterproof, according to a patent filed by Samsung Electronics.
The LetsGoDigital portal showed the patents for the waterproof structure of the Fold 2.
This ensures one thing: There is no way to use the folding if it is not opening it.
The GSM Arena portal also showed some details from the patent text that explains the function of the design.
“One aspect of the presentation is (…) an electronic device that includes a waterproof structure,” he says.
“(This is) to protect one or more parts arranged inside and outside the electronic device.”
The main feature of the product is that it “employs a hinge structure” since it is an “electronic folding device”.
More detailed, impossible: everything seems to indicate that it does refer to the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2.
Possible models of the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2
Also, according to GSM Arena, you can think of Samsung launching two models.
It would be the Galaxy Fold 2 with a wider exterior screen, and the Galaxy Fold 2 Lite, with a smaller screen.
For August, more aspects of creation would be known, in the event to present the Samsung Galaxy Note 20.
👇 More in NUpgrade
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Plus shown in leaked renders and looks somewhat familiar
- Australian researchers break the Internet speed record, reach 44.2 Tbps
- Mate Watch would be Huawei’s new smartwatch
- Xiaomi Mi True Wireless 2: Why Cheap Xiaomi Wireless Headphones Are Worth Buying
- The Magic Keyboard + iPad Pro 2020: The perfect match