WhatsApp tests search for messages by date and starting to bring some new features to your app, they should appear in the coming weeks when new updates arrive on the app.
The WhatsApp is starting to bring some new features to your application, they should appear in the coming weeks when new updates come to the application. All functions mentioned here are still in development, not currently available for use.
The main new function is WhatsApp tests search for messages by date instead of the content of the message, this will greatly facilitate the search for many when we want to find an image or something like that.
The application already has a search function in the chat, but unfortunately the same is done using only the content of the message, having to scroll the chat until you find the date of the message we are looking for.
When can we expect new features?
Unfortunately the news is that there is no set date for this new research model to reach the end user, at the moment the tool is under development and testing in an internal alpha stage at the company.
What we know is that it must arrive earlier for users of the iPhone application, there is no confirmation of the function for those who use the App on an Android Smartphone, however, we believe that the function should soon arrive, as it has been until today.
Other functions that are being tested
As mentioned before, there are more functions that are undergoing internal testing in the company, I leave a short list below with all the new functions that are being developed by the company:
- Use up to 4 simultaneous devices for the same account
- Search for image on the web
- Different colors for message balloons
- ShareChat video support
- Delete all messages except those marked
- New tools for using internal memory (Android)
Of the functions mentioned above, we believe that the one that draws the most attention is the first that allows up to 4 devices to use the same account simultaneously. There are still no details on how all of this will work, just a Tweet from the company’s development team.
And you, what new features would you like to see showing up on WhatsApp? what about WhatsApp tests search for messages by date? Tell us in the comments.
👇 More in NUpgrade
- Android 11: first beta launches with news in notifications, media controls and more
- Xiaomi Bluetooth Headset Pro: new TWS headset with support for Google Assistant and Siri
- MIUI 11 with Android 10 arrives on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- iOS 14 can bring call recording support
- Huawei P40 Pro has resistance put to the test in the durability test